Sunday, October 5, 2008

bring on the candles

I've been 30 for almost a whole year now. And it's been one hell of a year. Didn't get off to the greatest start. In fact, that first week was maybe the worst I've lived thus far. But starting in January and increasing exponentially month by month, it's turned out pretty freakin' amazing. That doesn't mean, however, that I still don't occasionally feel the sting of being in my 30s. And as 31 gets closer, the sting seems to come a little more frequently. I just got off the phone with BFF Natalie and she told me a few things that made me feel completely comfortable with where I am in my life.
  1. A few early twenty somethings I met a year ago on a visit to Asheville still remember me and speak of me with fondness. Apparently I'm "the cutest girl ever." So keen is their appreciation for me that on Friday night while looking at a framed pic of me and Nat they begged her to call me. It was 3 am.
  2. Natalie blocked their effort, gave them the big veto, stating "we don't do the drunk dial anymore." While we acknowledged that isn't completely true, I pointed out that it does happen much less often and usually a bit earlier in the evening. And we're both totally ok with that!

In two weeks Buggie and I are planning a rendezvous in New Orleans to celebrate her 30th. And I'm thinking that it's gonna be good. Very, very good:)

No comments: