Friday, July 25, 2008

the accidental hermit

When I got back home to Dallas on Monday night I sat on my couch for a minute thinking, This is it. Time to get on with my life. This thought was prompted by my belief that 2 weeks from that date I would once again be a part of the working world.

I'm not gonna lie and tell y'all that I wasn't just a little scared about the prospect. But more than fear, I felt a readiness. It really was time to just get on with it, ya know? Sometimes I look back on these past 7 (!) months and think - what a ride! And other times I give myself a hard time about how much more I could have done, how much more I could have accomplished.

Well today I find out that all of the above thinking is just a bit moot. Turns out that, because of the tedious administrative/political crap that is required for credentialing, I won't be rejoining the rat race until September. Another whole month of freedom.

For the life of me, I can't decide whether to label it gift or curse.

No comments: