Friday, November 28, 2008

belize it or not

The aforementioned update, in reverse chrono - for kicks!

Turkey Day.
My all time fav holiday. This year I spent it cheering on the Boys in Texas Stadium. A bittersweet moment because, while the Cowboys actually looked like the Cowboys and came up with a blowout, it's most likely my last game at TS. But, *shrug*, still a good time:) Post game: Autumn, Gigi, and I convened back at my house for a little grub fest. Sigh. So, so good. And as you can plainly see in the post below, oh-so-many leftovers! Added holiday bonus? I'm dog sitting Sarah's Josie while she's back home in the 'Burg. Loving it!

Kickball.
Back to the field after a prolonged absence. Seems like the world, or the faiths, or something has been against me as of late and kept me from participating. Or maybe it was just my work schedule:) Regardless, back to the field. And it was fun. Seriously. Everybody (read:boys) had mellowed out a bit while I was gone and we just all had a good time. And kicked a little kickball ass while we were at it! Ok, ok. So VERY, VERY little ass but still . . . :)

Ethical Dilemma.
Had to make a call about a patient. Go one way and make the right legal decision. Another way and the right moral decision was made. Or, at least, that's how I saw it. Morality won out. And I'm pretty much at peace about it now. I know that I made the right decision for the patient. Doesn't mean I didn't feel like I was gonna vomit for about an hour and a half!

Missouri.
Spent my week off after nights in the Show Me State. Met up with Nathan in KC. Remember the drunken purchase of Celine Dion concert tickets last summer? Well the moment had finally arrived! She exclaimed with wonder and just a hint of sarcasm. Unfortunately Celine had a head cold and cancelled on us. Which reminds me. If any one is in the market for a few seats to see Miss Dion in the new year I can hook you up! Nate and I still managed to have a good time and thankfully no additional drunken purchases were made in the making of the evening:) Spent the rest of my time at home in the company of my delightful nieces. Had a day with each of 'em and loved every minute of it. Jackie, Polly, and Leticia: I'm so, so sorry I didn't get a chance to come see any of you. There just never seems to be enough time when I'm home to do everything I want or need to do:(

Passport Stamps.
Made final plans - and final payment! - for upcoming trip to Belize. You will so be hearing more about that:)

Well. That about takes care of it I think. Your turn!

No comments: