Sunday, January 11, 2009

noches de empanadas

My first culinary adventure - part of the year of Amy, the sequel - was a huge success!

Autumn and I spent what felt like a month and a half of our lives at Whole Foods this afternoon buying everything we needed for the making of our soon-to-be famous sweet potato empanadas. Erica: remember the empanadas we made for Laura's New Year's party a few years back? Well I stepped it up and started from scratch this time around. You can actually make pastry dough from flour! Who knew? :)

We had, possibly, a little too much fun in the making of said empanadas. There may have been margaritas involved. And guacamole. But everything turned out in the end. No huge kitchen disasters. No chance of food poisoning (I don't think). We even had 2 impartial judges (thanks Gigi and Eidi!) that refrained from gagging at the table.

Ok, seriously? They were really, really good. I believe I have been compelled to mention this before but I think it bears repeating: I suspect I may be a genius:)

No comments: