Monday, March 23, 2009

back to the basics

Been a busy, busy couple of weeks. Work. Play. Not a lot of time to document. But I had this last weekend off and got back to cooking so wanted to share:

Hit the Big D Farmer's Market again with Autumn. Spring has definitely arrived in North Texas! Found some really beautiful fruit - for a bargain! - and decided we had to make a killer fruit salad. Paired it with an equally killer potato salad and had Autumn work her magic on a couple of chicken breasts and some fresh herbs (sage and rosemary). Intermixed the above with my infamous and oh-so-fresh bruschetta and a few pitchers of homemade mojitos. Then we took it outside for a little picnic at Stone(r) Park. A perfect late March Saturday afternoon ...



1 comment:

Natalie said...

Oh, oh! I love rosemary. Have been cultivating a plant in my window sill and just love using it in cooking. Fresh herbs make life so much better. I'll think of you tomorrow when I mix some rosemary with the goat cheese I bought from a farm about 10 miles from here. Seriously windy road; seriously delicious cheese. Worth the trip. I need a goat. Maybe that will be a "by the time I'm 40" goal.