Saturday, March 28, 2009

"what? what's that you say? you say today is saturday?"

am blogging soundtrack: the howling wind outside my kitchen window
am blogging sustenance: hopefully coffee soon . . . please?
am blogging subject: the day ahead

I am cold. So cold. And I'm about to get colder. Got my 5K Butterfly Boogie starting here in a couple of hours and am wondering how many layers I can put on and still ambulate. This thing seemed like such a good idea about a month ago when we were easing into spring with some pretty spectacular weather. Frankly, now sounding kinda crappy post arrival of cold front last night. Anything for a good cause, right? Maybe that could be my mantra this morning. Oh, who am I kidding? My morning mantra will be what my morning mantra always is: coffee, coffee, coffee.

A nap will definitely be in order immediately after. Or maybe eggs? Yes, eggs will be in order immediately after. Accompanied by coffee. Followed by nap.

And then? It's basketball time!!!! So excited to see my Tigers in the Elite Eight:) Had several conversations with randoms at work yesterday about how "wouldn't it be great if the Big 12 took over the Final Four?" I'd smile and nod my head, indicating agreement. Trying to stay loyal to the conference. But you know what? I'm just not beat up about KU falling last night. And I just don't want OU to take down North Carolina tomorrow. Because I just don't like them. I don't. There! I said it! I'm free! I actually feel sort of lukewarm hatred for KU and OU at baseline these days that escalates into something very, very ugly during football season. So, I'm not perfect. I can live with that. Go MIZZOU!

Immediately following our victory (please, please, please) I'm expected at some benefit thing at SMU. I'm not at all sure what exactly I'm getting into. But I trust you, Sharmilla. Sharmilla? I can trust you, right? Shar?

Next stop, Flannigan's Right Hook at the Tipp with my kickball peops. Rockin' Irish band from KC and my teammates who embrace the philosophy "We may never win a game, but we've never lost a party!" Definitely a set up for a good time:)

Hmm. Pretty busy day I've got lined up for myself.

Maybe I should get dressed.

Yeah, good plan. I think I made the people at Starbucks a little uncomfortable last time when I showed up in my pajamas:)

1 comment:

-G^2 said...

I'm definitely looking forward to tonight. What I'm not looking forward to is all roads in and out of my neck of the woods being shut down by foot traffic today, which is why I got up ridiculously early myself to escape. Apparently, I can go back home after 3 pm. Sigh.