Thursday, February 17, 2011

goodbye, darkness!

The living room renovation is under way! Ok. So it's not so much a renovation as a redecoration. Whatever. Our new couch has been ordered - super comfy micro suede with a chaise! But because we're super fancy and didn't go with one of the stock colors, we're gonna have to wait a few months (MONTHS!) for it's arrival. And we're thinking about a distressed leather club chair for one of the corners but may wait until the couch is in place so we can be sure of sizing/fit. In the meantime, I took advantage of a drapery sale and picked up the organic cotton basket weave curtains I had been eyeing.

They let in so much more light but we'll have to be careful we don't over-neutral the room. Ya know? Clayton and I both agreed that we could bring in color with vibrant curtain tie-backs. And our house warming present from Grandma is a quilted throw with tons of great color variety. So I think the end result will be light and airy but not at all boring. Here's hoping!

When I asked Clayton if he had a color preference for the tie backs (I love it when he actually has an opinion!), he said - sheepishly - red. Why sheepishly? The dark and not-at-all-us curtains I just took down? Red. Yeah. But what my baby wants, my baby gets. With an amy twist, of course! One stop at our neighborhood vintage store later and a bunch of red 1960s skinny ties get repurposed as part of our new decor.

Today was such a good day:)

No comments: