Monday, July 23, 2012

poppyseeds are beautiful this time of year

am blogging soundtrack: Clayton noises while he gets ready for work
am blogging sustenance: my favored Tree Hugger coffee with milk
am blogging mood/moods: satisfied peacefulness

I'm sure the mood has an expiration date and I'm already half way through my cup of coffee.  Clayton will hit the door soon and the spell will be broken.  But for these moments in time, I am one happy Amy:)

Doing a different shift at work this week that has allowed me to turn off my 530 alarm.  I'm looking forward to the change in pace.  It's been pretty intense lately.  Not bad intense, exactly.  But not so great either.  By tomorrow I'll probably be ready to go back to my predictable routine.  But for now, sitting here without a clear idea of how my day will progress appeals to me.  Yep.  I'm a little surprised at that one myself!

Looking for my next project. 

We're co-hosting a baby shower for Clayton's sister at the end of August here at the house.  But besides providing a venue, my sole assigned (so, ok, I volunteered) role was to tackle the invites.  They are ridiculously cute - pics soon - but now crossed off my to do list.  The food/drinks/etc are being handled by others.  Not really used to sharing party control - we'll see how this one goes!  I may try to squeeze some cute decor in under the radar;) 

Regardless. 

I need a new project.

Is it time to redo the upstairs bathroom?  We've been in the house for 2 years now and haven't touched it.  It wouldn't be a solo project.  I'd need professional help.  We're talking gut job here.  Am I ready for that?

Should I be thinking smaller scale?  Guest room or man cave (ssshh, don't tell Clayton) tweaking? 

Too early for Christmas crafting?  Get started on our wedding scrapbook?  Painting?

Hmmmmm.

Coffee is gone and so is my Clayton.  Time to start my day.  Let's see where it takes me;)

No comments: