Monday, April 13, 2015

Annabelle's nursery

Nanaw's quilt on Grandma Rozelle's bed
As of right now I'm planning for our girls to ultimately share a room.  So Miss A's room will eventually go back to being a guest room.  Likely with a little reading/play area for the girls as well.  With that thought in mind I didn't want to make a lot of changes that wouldn't make sense down the road.  So I kept her nursery design very, very simple.  A similar vintage feel as her sister's but maybe even a bit more girly and sweet.  We kept my grandmother's brass bed in the room for when we have guests and put up the same custom shades.  A few shelves, a couple of baskets and another rocking chair and we were done save the closet.  The closet in this room was a disaster.  Tiny and completely nonfunctional.  I splurged on a closet system and feel like it was more than worth the money.  But more on that experience and my giddy organizational love for the results in a subsequent post;)


Aunt Dee quilt on the chair and Daddy's 'going home' outfit and baby blankets on the shelf = more family love





No comments: