Sunday, April 12, 2015

balloons, bubbles and birthday fun

I can't believe my baby girl is already 2.  And that she is no longer my only baby girl!  How quickly a year can pass . . . but, oh!  What a year!
 
This time it was a balloons and bubbles celebration for Miss E. 
 
Both kid-friendly and adults-only bubbles were purchased in bulk.  They were each well enjoyed by the appropriate demographic but unfortunately that enjoyment wasn't successfully captured on camera.  You'll just have to take me at my word.
 
Then balloons for décor, fun and deliciousness. The pics below are of the ridiculously cute and perfect balloon cake pops that stole the show.  I outsourced this year - was convinced by family and friends that throwing a 2 year old a birthday party less than a month after her baby sister was born meant that I had to let go of at least a little control;) The amazing cake pop stand was made by my parents for the occasion and I am in love with how it turned out.  My dad scavenged the beautiful piece of walnut from our family farm and then sanded the hell out of it before passing it off to my mom for staining.  One side has holes drilled for the pops and the other side is smooth so we can use it for whatever future function I dream up.  So fun!
 
 
 
 
Happy second birthday, Emma Rose!
 
 

No comments: