Monday, November 12, 2007

Chick Flick Cherry

Yesterday I revisited the 80's classic Valley Girl. I'm going to go out on a limb and call this Nicholas Cage's best work. Or maybe second only to his cameo role in Fast Times at Ridgemont High. Definitely better than the depression-inducing Leaving Las Vegas. This opinion is based almost entirely on his hair in the movie. Gotta admit, I have a little crush on his hair. I tried to convince myself during the watching that I would have been so much more punk than preppy had I had any choice in my attire back in 1983. Since I was still doing the pre-K matching clothes thing with my sister at the time, I don't actually have to face the reality that I've never been cool enough to be punk . . . :)

2 comments:

amy said...

Julie: The reason we couldn't come up with anything that Deborah Foreman has been in since Real Genius is because she hasn't really been in ANYTHING. Or at least anything I've heard of. But she's supposed to be in a new movie coming out soon (Beautiful Loser). Our Valley Girl returns:)

BJUJU said...

I am so happy to hear Dehorah is on the come back...I wonder what she has been doing for the last 20+ years. It was a great chick flick Sunday!!!!