Monday, June 9, 2008

just another manic monday

am blogging soundtrack: Levine Mix (The Wackness)
am blogging sustenance: coffee and cold (yum) pizza

Haven't randomed-up in a while so blogging will commence this morning without plan or agenda. We'll just have to see what comes of it . . .

Yesterday I cleaned my kitchen. Not my usual superficial swiping of the counters and rinsing out of the sink but a hard-core, down on my knees scrub. Makes me wanna cook. Except I don't want to make a mess of all the gleam. Makes me wanna keep the clean going into the living room, the bathroom, my bedroom. Except I'm still kind of exhausted. Not sure what to do with this level of tidy. I'm almost uncomfortable. Probably won't do it again.

Last week I got subpoenaed to testify in a case against a former patient of mine. I sat on the witness stand for an hour and a half while being questioned by 5 (FIVE!) separate attorneys. It was nerve-wracking. Tedious. Frustrating. Exhausting. It was nothing like TV. Well, except the ex-patient's lawyer did say "Isn't it true?" a lot . . . :)

This weekend I watched Dirty Dancing for possibly the 47th time. Then I put in Girls Just Want to Have Fun. Tried to round it off with Footloose but it wouldn't play right. It just kept going over and over the same John Lithgow sermon scene: "He's testing us!"

Last night I stayed up until 3 am to finish a book I was reading. Not really out of the ordinary for me. Except I'd read this book before. Twice. Is that weird?

1 comment:

BJUJU said...

what book was it?
I am working on "The Thirteenth Tale"
really good, can't put it down...it is about kinda about twins...I hope to have it done by this weekend so you can have it.