Thursday, June 12, 2008

Stop leaving me people!

This weekend I have to say goodbye to yet another friend. Or actually, family. Erica and I were residents together and she and her husband Travis adopted me into their family after I moved to Dallas. Erica is the best happy hour buddy EVER and Travis has cooked a million meals for me and handed out free legal advice like it was going out of style. We've celebrated Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter holidays together. We've spent many an hour camped out in their living room watching football (Travis) and meaningless fluff TV (Erica). We may have even shared a few drinks:) 8 months ago their family grew by one little Zoe and she does a great job of giving me quick fixes for my chronic niece withdrawal! But, in a couple of days the family Williams will move to their new home. They'll only be 3 hours away but unfortunately much too far for a Sunday afternoon drop-by. I'll miss you guys so, so much! Thanks for being my Texas family when I was fresh out of the Show-Me state. I'm counting on that trip to Belize next winter so don't even think for a second about skipping out . . . :)

No comments: