Monday, September 22, 2008

if it's not a word, it should be

I've been thinking about relationships a lot lately. For some super obvious reasons! I've always been sort of good at the interpersonal relationship thing. I'm a good friend, I know that. Most of the time I can sense what someone needs from me: comfort, an ear, some tough-love:) Sometimes it's a little harder. But, I've never been afraid to come straight out and ask a loved one what they're looking for from me. And I'm also not afraid to let 'em know if I can't deliver. Being generous with my heart, with my time, is a joy to me. I love doing small things for people that make them feel special in big ways. So little effort really for such a big reward. Starting to realize however, that no single relationship or friendship philosophy works for every encounter every time.

Which leads me to the following confession: I have no idea what I'm doing!

The grown-up guy is testing my intuition, testing my relationship sense. It seems like every action, every small gesture, can be interupted any number of ways. I repeat: I have no idea what I'm doing!

uugg.

No comments: