Tuesday, February 17, 2009

i need a vacation

It's been a weird couple of days.

Earlier this afternoon I felt that I deserved a treat. Luckily, last week a package arrived for me from the big MO. This package contained pretty much the cutest Valentine's Day cards a niece-doting aunt could ask for as well as - here's the lucky part - two boxes of cookies. Not just any cookies. Girl Scout cookies. The boxes went straight into the freezer and I managed to forget about them until today. So, a treat. A few - ok, 9 - thin mints later and I was a happy girl. While still chewing the last cookie I felt a sneeze coming on. You know that sneeze. The kind of sneeze that will not be waylayed. The kind of sneeze that spells trouble. That sneeze that says "Hey, couldn't care less that you've got tasty thin mint mush in your mouth. Here I come." I don't have to tell you what comes next, do I? Picture clear? Good. But that's not the weird part. Because that happens to everybody, right? (Please tell me that happens to everybody!) The weird part: Two hours later, while getting dressed for tonight's kickball game, I found some residual thin mint in my left eyebrow. And I actually felt sad as I washed it away in the sink. Thinking, what a waste. Told ya. Weird.

3 comments:

~Easy said...

Mmmm. . .Girl Scout cookies. . .

Mine haven't arrived yet :-(

-G^2 said...

Wait, it's Girl Scout cookie season? What planet have I been on that I haven't seen any?!

Natalie said...

9 Thin Mints is nothing compared to the ENTIRE BOX of peanut butter patties that I downed the day my box arrived. I want to punch a Girl Scout in the face for making me so fat! :)