Friday, February 27, 2009

significant other color

pm blogging sustenance: my second latte of the day (won't be the last)
pm blogging soundtrack: the soothing sounds of NCIS (freaking in LOVE with this show)

Starting another string of nights tonight so currently in the process of caffeinating myself. Working on getting to that magic place just prior to the onset of palpitations.

Had to run into work today for a lunch meeting with someone interviewing for a spot in our group. I hadn't met her before but this was actually her second interview with us. I was asked by some of my partners to give her my perspective on the group as someone who came from another hospitalist experience. What they wanted was pretty clear. They wanted me to detail my previous hell and do a compare and contrast that had our situation smelling suspiciously of roses. I didn't, in theory, have a problem with that. I really do think that we've got it pretty good. The difficulty? I couldn't gather much enthusiasm for a backwards look. I really truly have moved on. Plus, remember? I gave up negativity for Lent:)

After lunch I ran a few errands and then rewarded myself with a combo manicure/pedicure. Figured that having pretty fingers and toes would make the weekend a little more fun. Or at least a little more tolerable. Ok, ok. Wanted to have a least one bright spot before the tedium of nights began. Went with an entirely new color spectrum and not really feeling it. I'll probably get used to it just in time for my next polish change. Such is life.

Been looking for love in all the wrong places lately. And, no. That doesn't mean that the eHarmony thing was a real effort - I feel like people let their imaginations run with that one! Just means that I've been conscious of putting myself out there. Except I have no idea where there is. Seriously. I get that Mr Right isn't likely to show up at my door. Or appear magically on my couch. But he doesn't seem anymore likely to be where I happen to find myself either. Hmm. This may be a predicament that neither OPI polish colors nor fortune cookie wisdom can handle. Might actually have to put some thought into this one.

No comments: