Friday, May 15, 2009

goodnight sweetheart

I first went to the Tipperary Inn about a year after I moved to Dallas. We had some residency thing for the new interns at Garrison's house and then Brad, Nikki, and I hit the Tipp afterwards for a few drinks. I remember thinking it seemed like a cool place and then promptly forgot where it was. I used to do that a lot back then - I thought Dallas was so big city:)

My next visit was probably a year plus later. Shelley, Gigi,and I met up with some of the anesthesia boys there. Remember Gigi? Or maybe not. I seem to recall that a ridiculous amount of Irish Car Bombs were consumed . . . mostly by you:)

Saw Sam and his band play there a couple of times over the next year or so. Still thinking this place is cool. But not making the leap to this is mine.

When was it exactly that I made the transition? Was it when I was doing the my-life-sucks-thing at Mansfield? I have super distinct memories of Ian and Gigi taking me there one Monday night in full out cheer-amy-up-or-get-drunk-trying mode. Incidentally, successful at both. I have video:)

Sometime after that the Tipp became a part of me. The place you go where everybody knows your name. Or at least they know your drink! Have met so many incredible people there. Have had so many incredible times there.

The Tipp is closing it's doors tomorrow night. Said my goodbyes earlier this week but still having a hard time letting it all sink in. It feels kind of like losing a friend. And I've never been very good at that.

As my final send off, a montage of all the good times. Slainte.






1 comment:

-G^2 said...

I managed not to cry while I was at the Tipp. However, I admit that right now I'm bawling while listening to a sad song. It's been a part of so many stories, so many beginnings, and part of an important chapter of my life. I'm glad for it, and I'll miss it. Thanks for the post, Amy.