Thursday, May 21, 2009

tell it to me

am blogging sustenance: eggs, with extras
am blogging soundtrack: Old Crow Medicine Show

Been doing the internal struggle thing quite a bit lately. Actually have a very honest, spill my guts blog from several days ago that I ultimately decided not to publish. I've never done that before. Never censored myself like that. But this was a little too inner workings of me to share. At least for now. Might slip it in down the road sometime:)

So, I'm an analyzer. I examine every little interaction, every little nuance of conversation. This can be very helpful when utilized to help a friend. And it can be damn right trying when utilized in my own life. I just can't turn it off. I'm trying. Dear God, I'm trying. I want to just let go and enjoy. To take everything at face value and see what happens. Beginning to suspect I'm not built that way. Easy going in so many ways. This? Not one of 'em.

5 comments:

Code name: 1% said...

Aw...I've done that before. Or spent hours writing an email that I didn't send. It was more of a "getting it out of my head" exercise than anything else.

Natalie said...

I self-censor all of the time. It's a good thing for the people around me. In fact, most would prefer that I censor myself a bit more than I do! :) I love you Amy--it was so good to spend time with you this weekend. Oh, and where are the photos of us from Saturday... I thought I would already be famous!?!?

-G^2 said...

I second Natalie. Where are the pictures, Amy?

-G^2 said...

Ah, there they are! :)

William said...

2 things: First, I don’t know if this makes you feel any better, but I’ve been known to listen to the same voicemail and read the same email over and over for at least 10 times to pick up on the hidden meaning or the underlying thoughts that weren’t spoken/written. I’m of the belief that there’s always a hidden motive or something below the surface in every interaction.

Secondly, I’m with Natalie on being famous. I was hoping that the events of that Saturday evening would have gotten at least an honorable mention. I see now what needs to be done – we need to kick it up a notch the next time you’re in town in order to make a lasting impression. No problem; I like having goals.