Saturday, June 6, 2009

love in the time of kickball

am blogging soundtrack: Better Than Ezra's Paper Empire
am blogging sustenance: a big ol' bottle of water and, yes, several ibuprofen

Busy, busy days. Ready for another reverse chrono update?

Last night I went to the Fort Worth Zoo for Beastro 2009. Laura and Gigi came with. It's basically a tasting experience - lots of area restaurants - with music and alcohol. Good, yeah? Better because it was all-inclusive with admission and the musical guest was Better Than Ezra! Had a great time with the girls and am already planning a return trip next year. Pics just up on facebook!

Got the really sad news from my mom on Thursday night that my cat had died. We rescued Yoda from the big bad world exactly 14 years ago. Summer vacation had just started between my junior and senior years of high school. I think it might actually have been my first sleep in day. Except there was no sleeping in. Some ridiculous noise just outside my bedroom window was driving me crazy. I thought it was a bird. But when investigated, there was Yoda. So named because she had the biggest ears on her tiny little body:) For two nights in a row I got zero sleep. She wouldn't sleep anywhere except on my neck. Seriously! Any idea how uncomfortable that is? And as she got bigger she never really got out of that habit:) My sweet Yoda. Wish you could come back and sleep on my neck . . .

Get ready for this next piece of information. I mean it. Prepare yourself.

THE GO GO GADGET BALLS WON THEIR FIRST KICKBALL GAME THIS WEEK! There was quite the celebrating. Believe me:)

Work has been sort of weird lately. The last couple of days have been super easy. I've been getting done seeing all my patients by like 10 or 11 in the morning and then running around trying to scavenge up more work. The week before was kinda brutal. So variable. And then there's been the drama. Have a meeting tomorrow - yes, on a Sunday afternoon! - that will either make everything better or everything much, much worse. Will save the details for after.

May have found a Tipp substitute. Stress on the may. It's still way too early to know for sure but in the meantime we can have fun figuring it out!

Then there's Clayton. And one really happy Amy . . . :)

No comments: