Thursday, February 4, 2010

good UOP and just 9 more minutes . . .

Still not completely back to baseline in the health department but feeling much, much better. Actually managed to make it to the gym on Tuesday and planning a repeat when I get off work this afternoon. Got back on track with my December and January habits and my February habits are off to an ok start.

Bad Habit: snoozing. Good Habit: H2O. I'll expound.

I'm a snoozer. I average 4-5 snoozes a morning which accounts for 36 to 45 extra minutes each day. The problem is that I set my alarm based on the habit. You know what I mean? I'm super speedy getting ready for work in the morning - gotta love scrubs! - and I usually only need a total of 45 minutes from bed to office. I get to work at 6:30, indicating the need for a 5:45 wake time. But I was setting my alarm for 5:15. And it's 10 min fast. See the problem? I mean, let's face it. Snooze sleep is shitty sleep. Right? So this month I've reset my alarm clock for 5:45. It's still 10 minutes fast which allows for a single snooze if desperately needed or a little extra time in the office preparing for my day. So far, so good.

And on to the water. Gave up pop back in December and have drastically cut back on my coffee addiction. But I never really replaced that previous intake with anything. I was getting really dehydrated! I swear I actually did go to med school. So now drinking almost ridiculous amounts of water. Trying for 8 glasses a day on average. I still feel dry (damn this winter) but have started to reclaim a more normal micturition schedule. Good job, me:)

4 comments:

Code name: 1% said...

I recently upped my liquid intake. I had drastically reduced my coffee/tea drinking but had not replaced that liquid - I'm fairly sure I was down to 2 cups coffee and one glass water per day! Now I've got it up to that coffee plus 3-4 glasses of water a day, and I'm aiming for 6.

Also, meant to comment several posts ago: that's one sweet man.

amy said...

Thanks, Katie. I think so too:)

Polly said...

LOVE that you used "micturition"

amy said...

So I guess I learned SOMETHING as a Roo,huh?:)