Saturday, January 30, 2010

get those housewarming gifts ready

am blogging sustenance: Mighty Leaf Organic Breakfast Tea
am blogging soundtrack: HGTV's Holmes on Homes (Yeah. I know.)

Have an extremely busy day of brunch, massages, and possibly a movie planned. Not quite sure how I'll make it through:) But, seriously? Just trying to take it super easy while making it out into the world at the same time. Suspect that so much time off my couch will leave me exhausted by mid-afternoon. I hate being sick. Even the recovery time sucks. Which is why I'm reentering life with a few of my favorite things:)

As you might have gathered from my choice of blogging soundtrack above, I have a new addiction and it is called HGTV. This has slowly become my go-to channel when looking for a way to pass a random available hour. But over the past 48 hours it's become so much more. Even I can't sleep for 18 hours a day. So my sick days included a lot of cuddling up on my couch with my favorite flannel pajamas, a big mug of tea, one of Grandma's quilts, and the priceless advice of some of my new best friends.

Mike Holmes taught me how to build a garage and renovate a basement, the right way. Sandra Rinomato has loaded me up with tons of helpful hints for buying my first home. Jamie Durie makes me want my own outdoor living space so badly it hurts. And David Bromstad has given me some wild ideas on color. They've been great. They're been entertaining. I guess what they've really been is inspiring.

So. You're reading it here first, folks. I'm going on a house hunt. And I can't wait:)

No comments: