Thursday, January 7, 2010

l'amour de ma vie

am blogging soundtrack: the sweet randomness of my iPod
am blogging sustenance: a ten-cup pot of Allegro Celebration Caffe

All the trappings were in place. We were both wearing finery reserved for special occasions. Finery so reserved that this was actually only the second time I'd seen him in a suit. To compliment, I had donned my favorite Audrey Hepburn-inspired LBD. We had chosen a locale very appropriate for a celebration. Fancy French food with a tuxedoed wait staff. There was a champagne cart. A palate-cleansing egg custard courtesy of our chef. Exquisitely prepared rabbit. Beautiful lamb chops and Paris-worthy duck. And, of course, goat cheese. Eventually, a dark chocolate bomb with pear and passion fruit. A vintage port. All accompanied by the most attentive yet discrete service possible.

My favorite part about all of it? Great conversation with an incredible man. Conversation that would have been just as fun and stimulating if we'd decided to celebrate with burgers and beer instead of confit and champagne. Equally at home at both Angry Dog and Aurora. Don't get me wrong, the trappings were nice. Very, very nice. But at the end of the day, all I really need is that great conversation with that incredible man.

No comments: