Monday, February 8, 2016

monday

My sweet Annabelle Lee is turning one in just a few short weeks.  We're having a party at our house to celebrate her first year and then heading home to Missouri to spend her actual birthday with my side of the family.  And while she would be none the wiser if I didn't give her anything beyond a pretty cake and lots of clapping (she loves clapping!), it just wouldn't feel right for me not to give my baby a gift for her special day.  So.  I decided to make her a little something that could be used to add to her party décor and then later find a home in her room. 

I decided on an embroidery hoop 'art' piece.   The fabric I chose has meaning only to me and A.  It's from the hospital gown I wore during my labor and her delivery.  Yep.  I was one of those women who felt the need to fancy up the whole having a baby experience.  And know what?  Felt cute wearing it even in my sweaty, oversized state.  It made me happy!  The red heart with aqua embroidery thread factors in to her loose 'xoxo' party theme. 

I think it turned out almost as sweet as she is:)

No comments: