Sunday, December 9, 2007

Untitled. Because sometimes it's just too hard to be witty.

I slept in this morning, trying to hold onto a dream. It's not the first time I've tried to accomplish this feat, certainly not the first time that I've failed miserably. The dream was lost and perhaps the true memory of it ruined a bit by the effort. My reward? The tiny hint of a headache and several less hours of my Sunday to enjoy.

I decided to move beyond this less than stellar start and hoped that the experts are wrong. Hoped that you can actually stock pile a little extra sleep for an upcoming week that is sure to be a little light on the "z's" . . .

Coffee. Coffee was indubitably what I needed.

A whole pot? Yes, please.

The beans were loaded, the filter in place. 10 cups of lukewarm water were added to the most beautiful coffee maker ever made. Fool proof. I pushed the grind button and prepared myself for the - always a little shocking - sound that would mean my morning was about to be saved. The grinding began and with it a sense of comfort that unfortunately would be short-lived.

I turned from the counter to choose a coffee cup and all hell broke loose.

The mechanism controlling the filter drawer popped open mid-grind. Seriously. Coffee grounds everywhere.

Well, shit.

I pushed the drawer back in an attempt to save what I could. I then allowed my back-stabbing machine to complete it's cycle and poured a cup of the result into a festive red mug. It actually looked a little like the caffeine-infused liquid that I had previously hoped for. Only with a few bonus grounds decorating the surface. I gamely fished out the offensive tag-alongs and added a little milk. Next, a tentative taste.

Not bad. Really. Actually, pretty good.

And, I thought, ok. Morning saved. Now, let's see what the rest of the day has in store.

2 comments:

Jesse said...

10 cups? I like your style.

CrazyMommy said...

Maybe you should become a columnist.... I like your style, hottie!