Thursday, December 27, 2007

Because it's Thursday, that's why.

Obviously, I am a liar. As well as a tease. I have yet to post, as promised, my "appropriate response." I hope I haven't gotten your hopes up that I plan on commencing that now. Because, I'm not. I can only say that I am spending ridiculous amounts of time on that particular post, that it is a work in process. So much time has been spent for 2 reasons: 1) Y'all deserve a well thought out response as a tribute (and a thank you) for your entertaining and at times heart felt assistance in my cry for help 2) I'm finding it very cathartic to contemplate an alternate plan for myself.

But. I wanted to check in.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas . . . looking forward to some holiday blogs. I am convinced that humor happened and expect, as a result, to be entertained with stories of family and friends:) Christmas day passed quietly for me and I was shocked the next morning when I realized that everyone had abruptly stopped playing Christmas songs on the radio. I guess I should have expected it but it caught me very unawares. Still going through mild withdrawal!

Today is the 1 year anniversary of the opening of Methodist Mansfield Medical Center. I think I'm the only person that has noted the date. Perhaps it's because every day of the past year is somewhat painfully etched in my memory. Regardless, it seems that the day will pass without fanfare. This is also my last 24 hours on call and tomorrow will be my last day. Expecting (hoping) that day to be sans drama and hoopla as well. Will definitely be saying goodbye to some really good people but know without any doubt that my exit is long overdue. When I think that I actually spent an entire year in this situation I'm a little shellshocked. There's another feeling there as well. Can't quite pinpoint it. It's either pride or an overwhelming sense of stupidity . . . :)

Flying home to Missouri tomorrow evening and am planning on a 2 week stay. I need a little "show me state" and some serious Haller Family time. Not to mention my mom's cooking! Also really looking forward to catching up with friends. In fact, this is an open invitation to anyone within the tristate area to come hang out in Toastyville with me and my dad . . . :)

No comments: