Friday, January 4, 2008

I hate dial-up.

I'm just a little more than pissed off. It started out as vaguely annoyed but, unfortunately, it's progressed to a feeling that is difficult to shrug off. And thus, I'm going to use my blog to once again vent re: the wrongs of the world.

Mizzou should have been invited to a BCS bowl game. They weren't.

They were invited to the Cotton Bowl which they conquered quite nicely, embarrassing the Hogs a bit in the process. But, the Cotton Bowl is not a BCS bowl.

OU was invited to the Fiesta Bowl. A BCS bowl where they very satisfyingly got their heads handed to them by West Virginia. Both teams belonged there and (mostly) because of the end result (Go Mountaineers!), I'm very ok with this year's Fiesta Bowl.

Hawaii and Georgia both got invites to the Sugar Bowl. And although I unsuccessfully rooted for Hawaii, I wasn't mad at Georgia for coming out on top. They earned both their invite and their win.

I'll admit that I slept through most of the Rose Bowl. But USC certainly earned their spot and I have absolutely nothing against Illinois.

My problem lies with the Orange Bowl. Virginia Tech, I don't understand your mascot (anyone?) and I'm super sorry about your loss. But, you deserved your trip to Miami and I hope y'all had fun. KU, what they hell were you doing there? I just don't understand your presence at a BCS bowl. And no one has been able to explain it to me. It's not that you haven't had a good season. Y'all have actually been fun to watch. Despite the traditional MU-KU rivalry that I was raised on, I've never had anything against a Jayhawk. Unless, of course, you were playing the Tigers. But what the HELL? You finished 2 spots below Missouri in the final BCS standings and we beat you out of the Big 12 North title. So, why did you end up in Florida? And, yes. You won last night. But get over it. Seriously. You never should have been there in the first place. But keep the party going if that's what you want. Just know that I know. And all of the Show Me State knows. And, we don't forget.

So, I'm pissed and I'm planning on staying that way for a while longer. Probably won't put it aside until the 'Boys start their playoff run. But, it's all good. In fact, it's kinda great. Because, as my dad pointed out, it's a lot more fun to get worked up over college football than to live in a constant state of anger related to a hellish work situation. A lot more fun. Plus, with football there's Bud Light. And, that's always fun . . . :)

No comments: