Monday, January 14, 2008

Perhaps, it's a process of elimination.

Well, I'm back. It was easy to convince myself that the 2 weeks I spent in Missouri with my family was a much needed and deserved vacation. It's a lot harder to make that ring true now that I'm back in Dallas. Really going to need to do something productive soon in regards to finding gainful employment . . .

Shortly after my arrival back in TX I dressed myself up and went to a small party thrown in my honor by the ICU nurses at Mecca Mansfield. We drank, we danced, we sang off key at a really rowdy piano bar. We partied, as they say, like rockstars. The next day I was horribly hungover. That hangover, sadly, continued into the next day as well. I'm blaming severe dehydration and overall exhaustion from my recent trip. Regardless, have decided that 2008 will NOT be the "Year of Amy partying like a rockstar."

This morning I woke energized and ready to take on my day. And a steaming hot shower was exactly what I needed to wash away the weekend's inactivity. One problem. No hot water. Not kidding. Nice, huh? But, not insurmountable. Occasionally I can do without the hot and embrace the cold but this was just not one of those mornings. I decided instead to take a bath with water heated in my tea kettle. Again, not kidding. It took several trips but I felt very self-sufficient, very early-American-pioneer-woman. The bath is over, the water less than hot but more than cold. And I'm clean. I think. Remembering why I prefer showers. Decided that 2008 is DEFINITELY not the "Year of Amy reverting to a more simple and primitive lifestyle."

It's ok, we're only 2 weeks in. Plenty of time to figure out what this year will bring. In the meantime, pretty sure the "Year of Amy" includes pedicures. So I'm off. Maybe OPI has a new color that will bring inspiration. I'll keep you posted:)

No comments: