Tuesday, April 7, 2009

soul

Is it just me, or does it get harder to figure out your own emotions/feelings/motivations as you get older? Or, has it always been this hard but when you're young you don't know enough about anything to really know that you don't know? Ya know?

Yeah. Me neither.

Moving on.

The last few weeks have been happy.

Work has alternated between really crazy busy and mind numbingly slow. And I've enjoyed both equally. Seriously. I actually kind of like the days where I head home so tired after seeing a marathon list of patients that the thought of making myself a peanut butter sandwich seems an overkill of ambition. And I've recently began to look forward to the days I can take a guiltless 45 minute coffee break/gossip session in the middle of my morning. Pretty sure these extremes used to bother me. But now? Not so much.

Discovered, much to my amazement, that I don't hate running as much as I always thought I did. Still have the endurance of a . . . well, I don't know what specifically. But I know it's bad:) Thinking - thinking only! - about letting myself get talked into doing it on a semi-regular basis.

Have been cultivating new friendships, reconnecting long-lost friendships, and changing the scope of some current friendships. And I think it's good. Really good.

Heading home for Easter this weekend and am so ready for a little Haller family time. Those nieces of mine have this frustrating tendency to grow when I'm not there to see it!

Dressed up like a super hero last weekend for a birthday bash. Know what? I kinda like me in a cape:)

No comments: