Monday, April 13, 2009

vacation destination: the 'burg

I'm back home in Missouri and life is good.

Slept for almost 10 hours last night and woke to find that my mom had not only made me coffee before she left for work but she'd also layed out my favorite sections from the Kansas City Star. Love it, love it all. Love coffee, love my mom, love the KC Star:)

Since my last visit home, Mom has upgraded from dial-up (moaned about at length in previous blogs from home) to mobile broadband. And while still not as fast as my DSL, it is infinitely better than before. Also allows me to blog at the kitchen table. Good for many reasons. The kitchen is still my favorite room at Casa Haller - I have a lot of really great spring memories in this room. And the kitchen table has a very welcome proximity to the kitchen coffee pot. Plus the kitchen window overlooks the backyard and beyond. I just saw either a very small deer (think Bambi) or a very large dog (think Brandi) across the fence. Either way, I'm good:)

Have already gotten in some quality niece time with more promised for the upcoming week. You would not believe how amazingly cute these little girls are. Every time I see them, cuter and cuter. The youngest - Ripley - looks so much like my sister that it breaks my heart a little. And Jacelynn and Myla are so much Hallers when they smile that I just want to pack them up in my suitcase and take them back to Texas with me!

Dad and I have been sorta passing each other in the living room since I've been home. He's been getting his weekend golfing in and I've been taking quite a few naps. But guessing that we've got a good chance of some amy/pops bonding time later today. It's a rainy Monday and looks like it will be a perfect afternoon to camp out at the kitchen table with a deck of cards and a couple of beers when he gets home from work.

Went to KC to see 2 of my favorite peops from med school on Saturday night. And Carrie came along! Caught one set of Flannigans Right Hook with Leticia and KK before moving on to meet up with Nate and a few others. So good to see everybody! And Carrie and I haven't gone out together is such a long time - I so loved havin' a little twin time:)

Sideline: Autumn. It's not us you know. It's Dallas. Sit the 2 of us down in a Kansas City bar and we'd do just fine. There is some kind of weird voodoo going on down in Texas. Just wanted to let you know that we are every bit as amazing as we think we are:)

Have some more friend visits lined up for later in the week. And, of course, lots more family time. But overall, planning on taking it easy. Very, very easy. This is the perfect place to slow down a little. Recharge. I have some books to read. A few Royals' games to watch. Quite a bit of mom food to eat:)

I like vacation. I like vacation a lot.

No comments: