Saturday, April 18, 2009

there's no i in team

It's a rainy Saturday morning here in Missouri. Ok for several reasons. First, woke to the sound and smell of sizzling bacon. Bacon of course accompanied by old favorites coffee and eggs! Second, the rain is the perfect excuse to spend significant amounts of time in my pajamas today:)

Met up with two old friends from high school last night. I got to see Will and Jennifer (and their little cutie Anderson) at Christmas this past year but didn't get to have a lot of dedicated talk time. So last night at my sister's house we got all caught up and had a really, really good time. So good, in fact, that seemingly all of a sudden it was 1 o'clock in the morning. And I just don't stay up that late anymore! *I know I've said that frequently as of late. Which may actually mean that staying awake into the wee hours of the morning is sort of common place. But I swear, usually an early to bed kinda girl!*

Carrie then tried to lure me to Zumba this morning at 730. I politely declined:)

Saw in the paper that my Royals destroyed the Rangers last night! I adopted the Cowboys several years ago after moving to Texas, while at the same time never giving up on the Chiefs. And have always felt completely comfortable latching on to the Mavs and the Stars since KC doesn't have NBA or NHL teams of their own. But never could get excited about the Rangers. Add in my persistent (and some say naive) love for the boys at the K and I was pretty excited by that bit of news this morning:)

The Mavs start their playoff run against San Antonio tonight. Brought my JHO jersey with me for the occasion. Also trying to create additional good vibes by dressing my nieces in some Dallas gear . . . they're so cute I thought it was worth a try! Pictures to follow:)

Spent a quiet afternoon (after an unsuccessful mushroom hunting attempt) in my parent's hammock yesterday. Picked up a book for the first time (crazy, right?) since I've been home. But didn't grab any of the multiple new titles available to me. Nope. What did I choose? Timothy Zahn's Heir to the Empire. I'm such a dork:)

No comments: