Wednesday, April 15, 2009

yokwe!

So, didn't have the best birthday this past year. Kinda sucked actually. The days leading up to the 28th seemed so promising - rediscovering my love for Donnie W in NOLA with Nat, having little sister Sarah come to Dallas for a quick visit that included her not only making me dinner one night but also buying me Angry Dog for lunch the next day. Good stuff, yeah? But then it all went down hill. And obviously it hit me pretty hard as it is now almost 6 months later and I'm still putting in some dwell time.

Decided a while back that I was definitely getting out of Texas for the next one. Had contemplated coming back to MO and spending it with K. We had such a ball on our "golden" 28th on the 28th:) Also considered going off somewhere completely by myself - recharging in a fun and distant locale. Had pretty much settled on heading to wherever Natalie found herself for grad school - figured Hawaii or DC was kinda a win-win situation!

Talked to Nat last night and found out that she's headed back to the Marshall Islands this fall. At first I was beat down with disappointment. I'd started to count on a buggie birthday. Didn't think that a week off was enough to make it to the Marshalls and back. Enter Natalie and her amazing way of making anything, everything, possible!

196 days from now I'll be celebrating my next birthday on an uninhabited island in the Pacific. She's promised lots of Australian beer and hinted at the promise of lots of Australian boys:) And while those two things sound great, the welcoming in of yet another year with my very best friend sounds just about perfect.

1 comment:

-G^2 said...

Oh, and I meant to comment on this before. This sounds fantastic! You deserve a perfect birthday celebration, and this sounds like a pretty sure way to have it.