Sunday, October 28, 2007

The Big 3-0 . . .

30 is big. I mean, it's monumental. Right? It seems as if you've reached some kind of milestone. A kind of turning point. So, if it's a big, monumental milestone of a turning point then it deserves to be celebrated in style. No?

The weekend started out with the arrival of the majority of my Missouri family . . . you can't turn thirty without your twin sister by your side! We did the family thing at my cousin's house for dinner and were joined by a few honorary Hallers (you know them as Ian and Gigi). Have I mentioned that my cousin (and cousin-in-law!) make freakin' awesome margaritas? If so, it bears repeating: my cousin makes freakin' awesome margaritas! The juiced up tequila was occompanied by equally awesome guac and fajitas. Ian, did you eat your weight in fajita meat? Not judging, buddy. I think I drank them out of house and home:) Little sis Sarah made our b-day cake and it was enjoyed by all. But, Julie may have enjoyed it a little more than others!




The next day we headed over to Norma's for a little breakfast - yum, yum. Norma's is most well known for their biscuits. Cousins Steve, Julie, Max and Sam discovered this place for me - I'd lived right down the street from it for 3 years and never dropped in! Below is our pictoral tribute to Norma's. God bless the biscuit!

Samantha in a biscuit coma!

Biscuit head and her twin sister biscuit butt:)

This morning we had a birthday brunch at Erica and Travis's house (Thanks guys!). It was a beautiful fall day filled with family and fun . . .

Ian and his "little rogue!"

Jacelynn giving her Aunt Amy a birthday yoshi:)

Myla and Sarah flashing those famous Haller smiles!

It has been the perfect birthday celebration weekend. Thanks so much to all my family and friends who put such effort into making it special!





2 comments:

Jesse said...

That's Vox Ian is holding...

amy said...

yep. now it's being held in the comforting arms of my freezer. anybody need a cocktail?:)