Monday, October 22, 2007

"you must forgive me, if I'm up and gone to Carolina in my mind"

Back home and once again exhausted from a long weekend away. But worth it because of both the company and the surroundings.

Asheville is freaking beautiful!

Natalie and I had a great time hanging out in the city - vintage/thrift store shopping, drinking lots of tasty local microbrews, people watching. We may have eaten a little as well:) A few highlights of the weekend:

Every Friday night there is a "Drum Circle" in downtown Asheville. People just show up with various kinds of drums and start playing. It draws a huge crowd. Great drum beats and crazy dancing - what's not to love?!

Cats and Dawgs: Readers of this blog must think I'm obsessed with hot dogs. Perhaps I am:) Went to this particular restaurant on recommendation of friends and I wasn't disappointed. Tried the traditional "Carolina" dog and enjoyed it immensely - cole slaw makes everything a little bit better:) Also had the infamous chili cheese fries. Katie/Jesse, what do they put in that chili? Crack? Best order of fries I've ever had. Ever.
Found this great independent bookstore that made me want to move to the area so I could spend every Saturday afternoon there. Spent too much money on books that I probably don't need, but . . .

Drove up and down the Blue Ridge Parkway. The weather was perfect and the sky was clear. Spent an amazing afternoon just soaking up the sun and that "something" that is fall.

Came back to a cold and wet Dallas. May seem like a major let down after the beauty of the weekend. But it's actually perfect. 'Cause it's ideal nap weather and I am so in need of a nap:)


1 comment:

Code name: 1% said...

I love slaw on hotdogs. Chili-cheese-slaw dogs are the epitome of all things dawg. Madison just got a new "Chicago style" hot dog place that Jesse and I are going to have to check out. They don't have slaw, though.