Wednesday, February 13, 2008

DAYSLEEPER

It is now 655 pm in Dallas and I just got home from the airport. Unfortunately that makes it close to 1 am in Ireland and I believe that's where I left the majority of my brain. So, you may be asking yourself, what in the world is Amy doing in the blog-lands?

I just have so much to say.

It's no secret that this past year has not been one of my better for many reasons. Paramount, of course, was my job. Funny, a year ago I never would have called it a job. A career or profession, yes. But, not a job. Regardless, it wasn't really the only thing wrong with my life. I just let it take center stage. But I'm over it now. No, really. I am. Doesn't mean I've figured out where exactly I'm going from here. It does mean that I'm done brooding and fixating on it. I have wasted so much time grieving for a year that passed almost without me being aware of it. Yes, it sucked. Ok. Time to move on.

And, I have. These last 6 weeks have been filled with a life outside of work. I've read what seems like a million books. I've eaten probably a hundred and 2 eggs and drank a small pond worth of coffee. I've visited family and friends long ignored in pursuit of profession. I've listened to CDs I forgot I owned while completing scrapbooks I started 4 or 5 years ago. I've slept. I mean, really slept. I've gone dancing. I've met new people. I've flirted with boys that are way to young for me. I've told the truth. And I've traveled. What I've done, is lived. But, I'm not done. I'm so not even close to being done.

Except, maybe I'll be done for tonight. I've already forgotten most of what had previously seemed so important to say. Vision's a little blurry and I had a hard time coming up with the word vision just then. Will surrender to bed and pick up my ramblings tomorrow . . .

No comments: