Sunday, February 24, 2008

WHY NOT SMILE

I noticed when I posted my most recent blog that it was my 99th contribution. That would make this effort #100. Thought briefly about baking a cake and throwing a little party but decided a more appropriate celebration would be in order. So, I've spent the last couple of days re-reading some of what I've written over the past 8 or so months.

Well. Interesting?

"Interesting" is my all time favorite word. It can be used in so many situations and can encompass endless feelings or meanings. Sometimes I'll follow-up my use of the word with a clarification. For example: That's very interesting. And by interesting I, of course, mean incredibly disturbing. But, more likely than not I'll just let the word lie. Interpretation left up to the recipient. This admission probably provides some kind of deep insight into my soul for those inclined to look.

This is what I've learned: I am obsessed with my coffee maker. I frequently search for the meaning of life in the names of OPI nail colors. Mansfield made me mad. I love my family and friends. I am self-indulgent. I have been recently possessed by M. Stipe as evidenced by my REM-influenced blog titles this month. Well, ok. Just kidding. That was intentional. I'm growing up. I'm getting old. And I think I may be just a little masochistic. Otherwise, why in the hell would I have ever shared the whole "biscuit head" thing?

Interesting.

4 comments:

-G^2 said...

I have found that your usage of the word "interesting" when applied to me tends to mean that I'm being boorish.

-G^2 said...

Oh, and congrats on number 100! Looking forward to the next milestone.

~Easy said...

Hmmm. Interesting.

house63 said...

ok Dr.Biscuit head
after giving me a hard time Sat. night about not having a blog so i started one. With one post!!! only 99 to go!!