Tuesday, August 19, 2008

another brick

So, recently it has been made known to me that I possess some kind of wall. I'm sure this can be defined any number of different ways and I can't be too sure how it was meant by those who expressed this opinion. Ordinarily I might be able to shrug it off, content in my own skin. Well, ok. Who am I kidding? Most likely it would bother me intensely for about 15 minutes after which I would then throw out a mental whatever and go about my day. The trouble with this particular situation is that they do not appear to be lone statements. I have heard isolated murmurs before - see previously mentioned mental whatever. But this seemed almost to be a coordinated scrutiny. On a single day I was labeled similarly with this affliction by multiple people, at different levels of acquaintance. At no time did I feel attacked or was I under the impression that there was any sense of malevolence. I'm actually not sure of the true intent to be honest. The commentary very much came across as not-quite-casual observations. And my resulting pondering can fit into the same not-quite-casual category.

What does that mean exactly? Is it true? If present, is it intentional? Conscious? Is it something I should feel compelled to knock down? Why is it there to begin with?

Nope. Definitely not feeling casual.

No comments: