Tuesday, March 16, 2010

spring has sprung

It's been a busy couple of weeks. An emotionally and physically exhausting couple of weeks. These past 10 days have been filled with some of the lowest points of my life. But also, blessedly, with some of the highest.

The first week in March I was able to stay sane because of the amazing friends and family I have the pleasure of sharing my life with. I was able to go to work each day. Able to see people socially. Able to write about related (read: heartbreakingly serious) and non related (read: frivolous warm fuzzy) things. Able to still be me.

I lost me for a little while after that. And while the same amazing friends and family were still right by my side, there was a big ol' hole in my heart.

A boy sized hole.

A Clayton sized hole.

Late last week I made a choice. And I hope with everything that I am that I made the right one. Every day since, I've reaffirmed that choice. And I've been happy. Scared and more than a little bit of a doubter. But, happy.

Clayton: I choose you. And I'm going to keep right on choosing you. For at least the next 74 plus years. After that? Things are so up for renegotiation:)

No comments: