Monday, August 2, 2010

at full alert

I'm starting a little stay-cation action this morning. Work (and life in general) has just been ridiculously busy as of late. So the prospect of a week spent in whatever way I choose sounds like heaven. Of course, I've already got a list a mile long of stuff that really needs to get accomplished this week. And this mile-long list is at war with a much more modest list of wants:

I want to read a book while sipping homemade lemonade and laying on my brand new hammock.

I want to teach myself to bake bread for an upcoming Italian themed supper club later this month.

I want to go see a movie. All by myself.

And I want the time to walk around my house - just pleased as punch that it belongs to me.

I'll keep you updated on all the battle details!

2 comments:

Emily S said...

So glad you're back. I've missed reading your blog. Good luck on the "battle". :)

amy said...

Thanks, Emily!