Tuesday, August 24, 2010

loving my wireless network

Hello Tuesday morning!

I'm on float this week which translates into sleeping in and some good amy time before the drudgery of work creeps up on me in the afternoon. Yesterday morning was spent entirely in my pajamas. I wasn't feeling so great so I gave myself a few hours sans any degree of productivity. Today so far has only been slightly more lively. I got up when Clayton left for work. But only to make a pot of coffee and grab my lap top. Then it was back to bed to catch up on my email and get my daily fix of HGTV. Still in my pjs but feeling hopeful that this morning will have a little more weight to it.

Saturday is our next Supper Club. This month's theme is Italian (did I ever share pics from Moroccan night?) and I'm getting super excited. Clayton and I are in charge of the appetizer course and we're going all out. We've decided to do a bruschetta tasting. I think I mentioned in a recent post that I wanted to teach myself to bake Italian bread. Never got around to it on my week off but going to just wing it tomorrow or Thursday morning. Then we'll use the bread to make crostinis on Saturday for our bruschetta! We're also going to tackle homemade olive tapenade and possibly a fig jam. Woohoo! Our supper clubs are always very social and very fun. But I think my favorite part is the challenge I set for myself to try new things. To push the envelope a little. Makes me feel like I can attempt anything at least once:)

Whoa. Feeling a little energetic here as my 3rd cup of coffee is kicking in. I think I might put on real clothes. Maybe even leave the house. Or, something really crazy. I think I may go get a pedicure. And a manicure. Look out world!

1 comment:

Polly said...

So, even if you aren't in charge of drinks, you all should try the Italian drink I recently learned of - don't know the name, but you mix coke and red wine equal parts. . . sounds interesting . . . can't wait to see you soon!