Wednesday, August 25, 2010

a vision in green

So. We had summer season kickball playoffs last night. The Go Go Gadget Balls of course rocked their way on through to the championship game. We were in the top of the 9th (second inning of "overtime") with 2 outs. No runners on. We'd just scored a run to put us ahead 3-2. And yours truly was up to kick. My adrenaline was pumping. Seriously pumping. I had a sudden vision of the most beautiful kick ever kicked. Well. By me anyway:) It would shoot just over the freakishly tall first base man's outstretched arms and land on that oh-so-happy side of the foul line. I'd run my over-excited little heart out. Straight down the chalk to the beautiful safety of the first base bag. I'd round the corner looking for an excuse to turn my super solid single into an ambitious double but would then ultimately decide to play it safe. My teammates would be so inspired that they in turn would offer up a few super solid singles. And then one of our big booted boys would bring us all in with an extremely well placed homer that had so far eluded us that night. We'd cushion up our advantage and when that final out came, we'd remind the other team that they were dealing with the defending champs and 3 up/3 down 'em. Perfection.

Instead, the lights went out.

Literally.

Look out Big Leballski. When we meet again next week to finish our game, look out.

;)

No comments: