Friday, August 6, 2010

no white flags here

Yesterday went to me. No question. Worried, however, that today might go the other way.

Off to a good me start with a very satisfying sleep in, freshly ground Oak Cliff roasted coffee, sweet iPod randomness, and no pressing need to change out of my pajamas. But up ahead there's a looming table delivery problem, anticipated hours spent packing up Clayton's apartment (cohabitation starts tomorrow!), a few separate feelings of obligation, and the unmistakable smell of a vacation week that's starting to get a little over ripe.

I think I'll take a happy stroll around my house, barefoot with a Donald Duck coffee mug in hand, and see if I can't find that pleased as punch feeling I was hoping for.

Afterall, I really am more of a no surrender kind of girl. Defeat just doesn't look that good on me.

No comments: