Saturday, January 30, 2016

beauty full day

The unfortunate demise of our garbage disposal gave me to opportunity to reorganize the space under our kitchen sink today.  The neat freak bones were in place but had been neglected as of late.  Now everything is in new, perfect working order.  Being on floor level, however,  made me realize how dingy our cabinets are looking.  Which made me think about repainting vs a total kitchen rehab.  Which then in turn made me think about how we needed to repaint the exterior of our house before taking on any big internal projects.  Which made me think about our yard and the professional landscaping services needed for an erosion problem we're having in the front.  Which led to thinking about the back yard and how I was supposed to be spending all day outside because of the freaking amazing weather we are having!

And so Family Gates trooped on out and spend a lovely few hours pulling weeds, cutting back our grapevine and rosemary bush, building houses with gardening stakes, and soaking in a glorious amount of sunshine.  Harvested a decent amount of rosemary for an upcoming project and considering myself done for the day.  The babies and the boy are sleeping.  So I'm off to take a quiet, hot, long shower.  Feeling very, very blessed.

No comments: