Friday, March 21, 2008

Good (no, really) Friday

Today is a good day.

I'll skip over the details I usually provide re: morning coffee, choice of pajamas, deliciousness of breakfast, etc. I'm sure y'all will bemoan the non inclusion all day:) I will tell you, however, that my blogging soundtrack this fine a.m. is The Essential Billy Joel. Interesting.

Back to the goodness of today.

It is really, really beautiful out there. It's not quite 60 degrees. The sky is a perfect unrelieved blue and the sun is just beggin' me to come outside. Spring has arrived.

Days like this make me want to dig my hands into good "growing" soil and plant a few seeds. One of the more disappointing drawbacks to apartment living is that I can't just step outside and fulfill that want. Maybe I should look into the possibility that the Cliff has a community garden somewhere?

Little sister Sarah will be in the big D in a few hours, just in time to join me in a flight home to MO for the Easter weekend. My nieces just called to inform me that they were going "to the city" to pick us up at the airport. I am continually amazed by this mastery of technology by a soon-to-be 5 year old and her soon-to-be 2 year old sidekick. I may be a little biased, but pretty sure they are geniuses . . . :)

Did my morning blog rounds and was intrigued by this. Definitely wanting to participate and likely will. But how to choose just one?

Time to get back to the day . . . But, first: a shout-out to KU, K-State, and T A&M. I just LOVE March Madness!

1 comment:

~Easy said...

I was hard pressed to pick just one pic for SPF, so I punted and used 2.