Friday, March 14, 2008

so long sabbatical

I could NOT sleep last night!

I was so tired yesterday evening that I swear I almost fell asleep on my couch with dinner guests still chatting away in my apartment. Dinner was just a casual, last-minute get together and blessedly was sans party atmosphere allowing for an early night. In fact, I was alone and ready for bed by about 8:15.

But sleep would just not come!

I read for a few hours and then finally succumbed to sleep only to waken several times throughout the night. At 4 am I simply could not fall back into slumber.

And so, my day began.

I've already finished the book I started last night. I had a very satisfying breakfast from my childhood: cheerios with milk and a perfectly ripened banana. The coffee is flowing. The promise of uninterrupted blog time is almost guaranteed.

But something just isn't right.

I never have trouble sleeping. It's like a gift, my ability to sleep whenever and where ever. To be completely honest, I feel cheated.

I feel cheated because I think I know what this sleepless night meant.

I think the vacation is over.

After 2 and a half months out of the grind, I think life is making itself known again.

Well, crap.

No comments: