Thursday, March 27, 2008

hair nomad no more

I finally got tired of the pony tail and decided to bite the bullet and "chop" off all the hair. Got a superb recommendation from cousin Julie and let my new best friend Christian do his magic.

Sometimes I think the inability to see without glasses is a true and wonderful blessing. I'm never nervous during a hair cut - even those that might fit into the radical category - because it's just pointless. I can't see. I have no control. Might as well relax and enjoy the downtime! I have to admit, however, that this time was just a little different.

I throw out the term "chop" with some regularity when discussing the art of hair styling. But never have I really felt it to be an accurate description of what is occurring. But yesterday, Christian chopped my hair. I swear to God he did. The sound was very, very disturbing and slightly anxiety-inducing. Today, however, I am a contented member of "the end justifies the means"camp of hair cutting. Because I love, love my hair!

Below is a pic post-cut (and post-anxiety attack!) with friend Alicia who I dragged along for the experience. You can't see the back - which is my favorite - but you get the general idea:)


6 comments:

BJUJU said...

Hot! Hot! Hot!

amy said...

Thanks and right back at ya!:)

-G^2 said...

All you short haired girls are making me want to make some changes to my own do. It's happened before, so good chance it could happen again.

~Easy said...

Uhmm...which one are you?

Jeni said...

Love the new du!! It frames your face so nice. I am excited that you rediscovered my blog and I got to check yours out. We def need to get together soon.

KCCowboy said...

I got to see it personally. VERY beautiful....but you were just as beautiful before the cut too. Either way, i like it! But you can change your hair as much as you want, your smile is still what looks best on you. Keep the smile on! If you do, i assure you noone will notice the hair regardless!