Sunday, June 3, 2007

As promised, a return to Sophia

Thank you for being a friend
Traveled down the road and back again
Your heart is true, you're a pal and a confidant.
And if you threw a party
Invited everyone you knew
You would see the biggest gift would be from me
And the card attached would say, thank you for being a friend.



When I think of summer I sometimes recall perfect nights playing softball. Or sitting in the back yard for hours, doing nothing. Catching fireflys. Laying down in the back of the bronco with Mr and Mrs Bubbles while our parents drove around in the country. Sleepovers that lasted a week. Acting out the Disney version of Robin Hood.



And sometimes I remember curling up in the basement with a quilt, my sisters, and Golden Girls reruns. Remember guys? Dad would always come down and threaten to turn up the air conditioner. He never got it, still doesn't. The point was to have the air so cold that you needed the quilt. I still love that feeling . . . cool air and a warm quilt. Feels like summer to me.



2 comments:

Jo Bird said...

music is very powerful. for me, a few notes conjure up the most distinct memories. the golden girl theme song immediately makes me think of summer nights, you, and carrie.

amy said...

Me too sweetie . . . and the point of this particular blog!:)